Hotaka Matsumura – Filmmaker
Origin: Osaka, Japan Languages: English and Japanese
Roles Acceptable: DP, Director, Producer
Working Territories; Osaka, Kansai area and the western part of Japan
Bio: Highly-productive/creative filmmaker with years of visual storytelling experiences since 2012 in filming, editing, directing and producing films and videos, in Osaka, Japan. Have a wide range of experiences that demonstrates wit and solidness in all stages of productions from scratch to screening, from films, ENG, documentaries, corporate videos, and commercials.
Born in 1980 in Osaka, Japan, Hotaka has started drawing cartoons and writing plays for theater since his early age. The boy loved to entertain his friends and family with joking, acting, singing, creating stories in a variety of forms such as the cartoon and plays, and even directing the plays for his theater works in school.
Hotaka took a camera to tell stories in his 20s when he began to study filmmaking in a university in the United States. Since then, he has had passion in representing people's emotion and idea with cinematic styles such as cinematography, editing, audio, and mise-en-scene. As a director of photography, he has worked for companies and people all over the world to make films (narratives and documentaries), shorts, music videos, corporate videos, live performance, and a variety of PVs. Having worked as a producer in this field, Hotaka also manage international projects where their headquarters are remote from production location like Japan, not only shooting but also arranging talent, equipment, location, beds, food, and transportation.
Hotaka has strong interests in exploring the world. He likes backpacking and traveling. He has been in the United States for about five years, in Canada for two years, and in Germany for an year, for his study and work. He is a Japanese/English speaker.
- Camera System- Canon EOS C300 Mark II, Sony a7SII
- Lenses - Canon (8-15, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200, 100macro), Sigma (150-500), and Tokina (11-16)
- Drone - DJI Mavic Pro
- Stabilizer - DJI RS2, DJI Ronin-M and Zhiyun Gimbal v2
- External Recorder - Atomos Shogun Inferno
- Action Cam 1 - 1 x GoPro HERO 8 BLACK + accessories
- Action Cam 2 - 1x GoPro MAX + accessories
- Lighting Kits - ： 1*Aputure COB 300D Mark II, Aputure LS-60X, Bi-Color LED Lights, Genaray Torpedo (Daylight), Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster Flash Meter, C-700 Spectrometer, +etc.
- Support System - Sachtler Tripods, Manfrotto Tripods, +etc.
- Shotgun Audio System - Sennheiser MKH 416, Sennheiser MKH 50
The following videos are some of Hotaka's works where he was in charge of director, cinematographer, editor and/or producer. If you have any questions, please contact us and let us know your project.