Since the last ad regarding the local filmmaking group (https://www.dfscinema.com/filmmaking-members-wanted/), I’ve learned quite a few people want to make their own films.
So I will add film production study group, where you can learn film production as a whole. We will use English textbook for reference.
Group Name： Daisho Cinematic Arts and Filmmakers Society – Film Productions (大笑映画の会 監督部）
Who: You want to learn filmmaking from basics to advance, and to make their own films
Purpose: To train prospective filmmakers based in Kansai area
- Lectures – Once in two weeks
- Self learning – Always
- Production – Once in three month to half year
・ Film Production Basics to Advance in camera, lighting, audio, editing, script writing, producing, and directing fields.
Duration: One to three years, it depends.
Lecture day: Basically on Sunday
The First Lecture Day: Sunday, May 12th, 2019 *Time TBA
Place: Ishikiri, Higashi-Osaka (The nearest train stop is Ishikiri station, Kintetsu Nara Line)
Fee: Lecture is free. You need to pay transportation to lecture places and locations.
- Very enthusiastic about making films or learning filmmaking.
- Currently live in Osaka and its surrounding areas like Kyoto, Kobe, and Nara. You also will stay in this area permanently or at least until the end of 2019.
- Have a will to learn Japanese language. Lecture will be held with both Japanese and English.
- You can attend a lecture once in two weeks.
- At least you have the following equipment:
- Camera and accessories： DSLR or mirrorless (video recordable), a lens(lenses), and tripod.
- Editing: PC or Mac. A professional editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Etc…) is recommended but not required for a while (we starts from camera lectures)
- It’s good if you have lenses equivalent (full size) like 16-28, 50, and 85mm.
- You are free to quit this lecture. You must notify me in advance.
- Lecture may be discontinued in case of any given situations. For example, bad activity, rude behaviour, or just a bad student.
- This is a lecture for prospective freelancers.
Please give me the following info to apply.
- Name, city and ward (if any) you live now, the nearest train station, email address
- Your background info (please introduce yourself briefly).
- Your visa status in Japan and current working industry if any
- Your portfolio, if any
If you are interested in or have any question, please contact: