Hotaka Matsumura – Filmmaker
Roles Acceptable: Producer, Cinematographer or DoP, and Director
Working Territories; Japan and Asian countries
Bio: Born in 1980 in Osaka, Japan, Hotaka has started drawing cartoons and writing plays for theater since his early age. The boy loved to entertain his friends and family with joking, acting, singing, creating stories in a variety of forms such as the cartoon and plays, and even directing the plays for his theater works in school.
Hotaka took a camera to tell stories in his 20s when he began to study filmmaking in a university in the United States. Since then, he has had passion in representing people's emotion and idea with cinematic styles such as cinematography, editing, audio, and mise-en-scene. As a director of photography, he has worked for companies and people all over the world to make films (narratives and documentaries), shorts, music videos, corporate videos, live performance, and a variety of PVs. Having worked as a producer in this field, Hotaka also manage international projects where their headquarters are remote from production location like Japan, not only shooting but also arranging talent, equipment, location, beds, food, and transportation.
Hotaka has strong interests in exploring the world. He likes backpacking and traveling. He has been in the United States for about five years, in Canada for two years, and in Germany for an year, for his study and work. He is a Japanese/English speaker.
- Camera System- Canon C300 Mark II, Canon 1DX Mark II, Sony A7S MARK II +etc.
- Lenses - Canon, Sony, Sigma, and Tokina
- Lighting Kits - ：Bi-Color LED Lights, Lowel DV Creator 55, Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster Flash Meter, C-700 Spectrometer, +etc.
- Support System - Sachtler Tripod, Manfrotto Tripods, +etc.
- Shotgun Audio System - RODE NTG-2, Tascam DR-100mkII, Zoom H4n, RODE Blimp, K-TEK KE110CC Boom, +etc.
- Wireless Audio system - Sony UWP-V1 and UWP-D11
- Dolly - Indie-Dolly Systems IND.CTD Universal Dolly
- Jib crane and camera slider
- Green Screen - Impact Muslin Background - Chroma-Key Green
The following videos are some of Hotaka's works where he was in charge of director, cinematographer, editor and/or producer. If you have any questions, please contact us and let us know your project.